A LIGHT AND REFRESHING COCKTAIL FOR SUMMER
If you’ve been craving a trip abroad this summer, this cocktail will take you there at first sip. Inspired by my Summer in Paris collection with Cadine, the Parisian Spritz will transport you to Europe. Inspired by the classic St. Germain Spritz, I created a new recipe using elderflower syrup for a lighter flavour, and a cocktail that’s flexible when entertaining a crowd as it tastes just as lovely with or without the bubbly. I have loved making this drink for friends and family on warm patio nights for many summers, where we can feel like we are travelling across Europe, even if its just a weekend at home.
Elderflower has a sweet taste, with a hint of pear that is so refreshing and perfect for summer. My favourite syrup is this one, which can be purchased and kept in the fridge to use anytime. However, you could also make your own! I like the way lavender garnish adds a subtle scent to the cocktail, and this white variety from my garden is an elegant twist.
PARISIAN SPRITZ COCKTAIL
- 1/2 ounce Elderflower Syrup
- 2 ounces Elderflower Tonic
- 2 ounces Sparkling wine (or Sparkling water)
- 3 drops Lavender Bitters
- Sprig of Lavender and a dried Orange slice for garnish
HOW – TO
- Fill glass with ice
- Measure in Elderflower Syrup, Elderflower Tonic and Sparkling wine, and
- Top with a few drops of Lavender bitters and give everything a stir
- Add a lavender sprig or two, and a dried orange slice to garnish the drink
Enjoy feeling as though you are having this cocktail with friends on a summer Parisian patio, santé!
Feeling inspired by the outdoors? Peruse a few of my favourite patio, terrace and backyard design projects from the Megan Baker Interiors studio here!